I’d add a couple more Do’s and Don’ts to the suggestions I found here Some Do’s and Don’ts for Couples Massage « Massage Therapy Center.
- Do turn off your phone, computer and television
- Do keep your partner warm with blanket and heating pads. A heating pad on the feet can melt some people completely.
- Do start lighter and then go deeper
- Don’t have a serious discussion about anything
- Don’t worry about trying to duplicate any fancy techniques, just the same stroke or two repeated slowly many times can be extremely relaxing.
- Don’t skip the scalp – 90% of my clients list the scalp as their favorite part of the massage
I offer couples massage classes in Louisville and Nashville if you’d like to learn more tricks and tips to working on your partner.